Sunday, August 5, 2007

Many Many Blessings...

Where to begin??? I realize that it has been a while since my last entry and for that I am terribly sorry. Camp has been super crazy and I haven't really had time to process all that has occurred. So many blessings have come my way, but I'll cut it down to 3 for now...so little time!!

Since my last entry, God has shown up. Through many many wrestling matches with Him and lots of tears, He has been very clear that I am to move back to Dallas (or Lewisville, rather)
and live with my great friend, Stephanie. I will be about 5 minutes from the church as well as 5 minutes from the Vierlings--two things that are very important to me. I am not at all sure yet how He will use me there, but I know that it is where He is leading me. And just like Phillip, He will tell me when I need to know. Right now I have a direction and I am trusting that He will guide me closer to Himself in a way that only He can.

So there's blessing number one--direction, and a clear one. I have never heard so clearly from the Lord in any other way.

Blessing number two is James and Courtney Thomsen. They are my bosses--the property managers of the Mountain Lodge. Since this is the last summer of the Lodge (long story, I'll tell you if you ask, but I don't have time to type it all out), they do not have a job come October 1
and they have shown me what it means to trust Christ with all that I have. They have been a huge encouragement to me. James is also a huge cyclist and because he works for an outdoor adventure camp he has some great pro-deals. James has blessed us interns with some awesome pro-deals on road bikes and road bike gear. Because of his generosity, I was able to get an amazing road bike for about half the retail price. There are some crazy hills/mountains out here so I have been able to learn how to climb huge hills and control myself as it hit 47 mph going down them (no lie!).

Here's Courtney, Joe, and I riding up Donner Pass Road (you can see Donner Lake in the background).


Blessing number three has to be the July team that was here last month. They were all such a huge blessing to me. My work crew boss from 5 years ago, Jamelyn, was the camp manager and her friendship last month was HUGE. As a team we were able to climb up Castle Peak. It's about a 2400 foot elevation gain in about 3 miles. We did a sunset hike and then hiked down in the full moon. It was not to be believed how beautiful it was.

Here's the whole July team at the top right before the sunset.



Here's the interns in the sunset...



And here's my EPIC picture on the top of Castle Peak...


This summer I have experienced Christ. I needed this summer. I feel like I am back to the real Claire. The Claire who is not so serious. The Claire who is fun, and random, and spontaneous. I needed to re-evaluate who I am in Christ. I am so grateful for this summer. It has rocked my world. I have one week of camp left and then a week here closing down camp. It's sad that it is almost over, but I know that coming here was right. I have been blessed immensely.

9 comments:

Brandy said...

Claire, you are a freakin' STUD!!! That is an awesome pic of you bikin' it. And, that "EPIC" pic is pretty stinkin' amazing! You, my friend, are simply amazing!!!

I can't wait to see you again real soon....a couple weeks??? Yes, I think so!

stephanie said...

I am so glad that you have had an amazing summer and I can't wait to hear more about it. That picture of you on top of Castle Peak is INCREDIBLE!

And I absolutely cannot wait for you to live with me...it's going to be so great (:

hollie-o said...

I cannot wait for you to come back!

Oh - and you've been tagged! Read my blog! ;-)

Brooke said...

MY CLA!!!!


you're cool. i mean.... honestly. i couldn't ride that bike up that mountain. i couldn't even ride that bike. (however, now that i'm an asian-ite i CAN drive a motorbike--- be proud)

the last picture----AAAAmazing

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

amazing pictures...you are an athlete!...
drop by benbrook sometime since you'll be living so close...
especially Christmas when Brooke is home...our doors are open and I'm waiting to feed you breakfast...anytime...love you and praying for you...so glad for His direction, His touch on you

Aimee Landreneau said...

That is insane! You are a freak! I'm glad you're having fun (and that you didn't die climbing that thing!)

Love you,
Aimee

Unknown said...

C.B.,

No one will probably understand this but you, but for sure I will try my hardest to make my message very clear to the world. Hmmm, let me try to convey my sentiments through the tune of the old Catholic classic "I have loved you with an everlasting love":

(Chorus) "I am jealous, with an enlarged jealous heart.
You went to the mountains, and I did not.
I am jealous, your pictures are breathtaking,
I'll quit my job today & hitchhike to Colorado."

(Verse 1) "Seek the face of Castle Peak and take a pic, it will envigorate your life and your sinuses!"

(Chorus) "I am jealous, I want to be where you were,
Like Shane Barnard said, Lord I yearn for mountains.
Maybe he didn't say Mountains, but I sure do yearn for them,
I would pay a crapload of cash to be there."

Wow. Seriously - I live vicariously through you. I am seriously very glad to hear of your amazing summer trip - how awesome can it be when we are forced to slow down.

Love,
Blogmaster Ben Broussard
Comin' at you live from Lafayette, LA

P.S. Tell James & Courtney's dad that I said hello.

Aimee Landreneau said...

Two things:

1. This thing needs an update.
2. When are you coming over?

Aimee

Renee said...

You are indeed awesome, and next time we go "hiking", I will be ready!

Love you, Mom