Friday, June 15, 2007

A New Endeavor

Since I am the only one who ever updates the Six Chicks blog, I decided to start my own “Private Practice”. I know, I know…it’s not creative, but I thought it was clever, so I’m going to go with it. I feel like there is a lot of pressure on this endeavor. With so many amazing blogs out there, I have much of an occasion to rise to, but I am excited to write about other things other than just updates—the main reason for the Chicks’ blog. I am not saying that I am abandoning our beloved blog like Sarah and Brookie did once they started their own blogs, I am simply supplementing the updates.

So, to begin….

I have recently begun a new stage in my life. It has only been about two weeks but it has been very hard. I cannot describe the dichotomy of emotions that are going on between my heart and my head, but I know that right now this is how I will get more of Jesus, so this is where I will go.

On the way to the Lake Tahoe area, Kevin and Patrick (my brother and his friend) stopped at a few amazing spots. We first went to Taos, NM and white water rafted down the Rio Grande. We then went to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks to see the HUGE trees and then on to Yosemite to see the most amazing piece of God’s creation I have ever seen in my entire life.
When we were on the Rio Grande our raft guide told us that it took millions of years for the river to carve out the canyon where we were rafting. For a very long time I believed the very same thing, but as I was floating down the river I was more in awe of the fact that the Creator of the universe made this canyon just like it is so that we could have a blast rafting down it.

As He was creating the world He just said, “Hey, I’d like an awesome canyon right there.”

And it was that simple.

One word.

One command.

All so that we could enjoy His creation.

Sounds crazy, but doesn’t the scientific theory have a crazy factor as well.

One must have a lot of faith to believe that water could create such a huge canyon.

One must also have a lot of faith to believe that an all-powerful being could create such a huge canyon.

Personally, I like the latter one better.

I love the idea that the same God who could do such a massive thing with His creation also desires a personal and intimate relationship with me.

It makes me feel very small and very loved at the same time.

Over the past two weeks I have been completely awed by His magnificent creation. Hills that turn into mountains with huge lakes and roaring rivers running throughout have amazed me.


The other day I went on a hike and on June 6th it suddenly started snowing! Are you kidding me? Stuff like this doesn't happen just because. Thank you Jesus! It was absolutely amazing.

I love that our God wanted to bless us by showing off just how good He is.

Funny how we are blessed by Him showing off His power.

Although this new adventure has been hard and challenging and I miss what I left behind a lot, I have seen Jesus. I have received more of Him. I have seen His glory in His creation and through His people.

11 comments:

colby said...

Yes, first one.

Amazing pictures! Just because it is pretty, doesn't make it all perfect. Yep, I did that one too. It helps though.

Dichotomy is a good word.

Call me tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Um, you refused to let me use our family name for a blog name, and what did you go and do?!

Glad it's all good.

Aimee

Anonymous said...

"don't call it a comeback,
I've been here for years..."

Welcome to the blogosphere Claire.

BB

stephanie said...

I love it and can't wait to read more! Thank you for sharing your amazing pictures.
And talking to you truly made my day!

Miss ya,
Steph (:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Its great to hear your heart & all that is going on! I miss you! Send me your address!
-Emily

D.O. said...

Thanks for letting me know that this thing exists. I appreciate it. Call Colby.

Sarah said...

first of all---i love you Bunkmate. i love that your blog is brown and green. you finally have all the creative design choices in your own power. run with it.

secondly--i am so excited that the entire world wide web finally gets to see inside your head. i have always loved it in there.

third--you rock. Creation rocks. Jesus rocks.

Enjoy the "great outdoors."
I can't wait to see you and drive any direction we please.

hollie-o said...

ahh Claire! I loved reading this. I miss you but am so glad you're getting to experience more of Jesus.

Love you!

Hendrick Family said...

I LOVE that you have a blog!!! Can't wait to keep up with all that God is doing in your life, Cwaire!!!

Love you!

Jessica said...

hmf...man I love you. I love hearing about your life and I love knowing how God's growing you.

MISS YOU!!!

Michael Mills said...

I'm so glad you made it! Well done!

And you better have called Colby by now...