Saturday, June 30, 2007

FIRE!




South Lake Tahoe has been on fire for the past week.

3100 acres have burned.

Over 250 homes have been destroyed.

It is currently about 75% contained.

It is a tragedy.

But I am okay.

The lodge is about 35 miles from the fires, so we are safe. We have had to make many changes to our program because of the fires, but we have been able to see the Lord work in majestic ways. He worked out the kinks and reminded us that there are bigger things going on to pray for than our program.

We were still able to go to the north shore of the lake...



And because of the the change of program, we were able to peak Donner Peak and Mt. Judah overlooking Donner Lake. Needless to say, it was very windy, but very beautiful...


Thank you guys so much for your thoughts and prayers and phone calls this week. I am safe and doing very well. There has been a lot of smoke in the air, but all is well. Please pray for the victims of the fire. Love you all.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks for updating me (the one who is always isolated from real world events and longs to watch the news) on current events, Claire Claire. I'm glad you're safe!
~Jess

stephanie said...

I am glad that you are safe and sound. Even my mom asked about you today so it is good to know you're okay (:

Steph

Michael Mills said...

Everybody is glad that you are safe and sound...

But you know why I am glad?

I'm glad that you finally got to wear your "cute" wet suit.

Well done!

Anonymous said...

You have been in our prayers... Talked with your folks the other day and they assured us you were okay!!

God did a great thing when he created the "summit of a mountain." Yeah for hiking!

LOVE and MISS UUUUUUUUUU

Sarah said...

my mom's need for multiples of one letter really astounds me sometimes.
its a mystery to me.
is she holding out that sound in her head?
is it just for emphasis?
and does she know all caps means she's shouting?


anyways-i am done with that train of thought. now i can focus on you--Claire.
I am so glad you are safe.
I am also glad you got to sport the short wet suit, you look like you're about to go swimming with Flipper. i love it.

don't inhale too much smoke. don't get blowm off the top of any more mountains. i need my bunkmate when i get home.