Tuesday, July 10, 2007



About a week and a half ago an old friend was able to come and visit me at the Lodge. This is a very big deal becuase in my 5 summers of working at a camp, no one has ever come to visit me.

Brandy blessed me.

We played at King's Beach on Lake Tahoe and the wind was so strong that the waves were big enough for us to surf our kayaks on them.
We had some great deep conversations and just were able to catch up after about 3 years of not having seen each other.

Thank you B, for coming to visit. You blessed me more than you know.

While we were at King's Beach, we found this great store which I had seen on my way to the Lodge one day but could never find again. It was a glorious moment when we parked and began to walk to the beach and realized that the store was in fact at the very place where we were.

The store is called "As you Wish" and they sell "enchanted gifts.

"Princess Bride" anyone?

Since we have been quoting "The Princess Bride" all summer, my friend Joey and I were so excited.

There were ridiculous trinkets and constumes in this store--Mom, you would love it!


The outside of the store even comes equipped pirates and a wishing well. Needless to say we thouroughly enjoyed our time at King's Beach.

Anybody want a peanut?
















5 comments:

stephanie said...

I love this blog because you look like you are having so much fun AND because of all of "The Princess Bride" references. That movie is seriously the best!!

Anonymous said...

Good post, Cla! I want to come visit!

D.O. said...

You have pretty friends. When I say that, I'm talking of course about the boy ones. Seriously.

Sarah said...

Humperdink, Humperdink, Humperdink!

Miss you!

Brandy said...

Ditto, Claire! You blessed me a ton too! I seriously couldn't stop smiling for days after hanging! Good times, good talks, good food (lots of junk food which I have been deprived of) and, of course, lots o' laughing!

I was, indeed, blessed!