Saturday, January 12, 2008

Winter Break Recap

Being a teacher, I am blessed with a wonderful 2 week vacation. When I begin to be frustrated with my job, I just remember my 2 weeks for Christmas, my spring break, and, not to mention, my 2 1/2 months during the summer. If you know me at all, you know that I cannot stand to just sit around for 2 weeks when there are so many other things I can be doing with my time. So, here's a recap of my 2 weeks off...

As you can see from the previous post, I spent a few days back in Lafayette with my family.
Here I am with my cousin's youngest, Ava. Sometimes it's still crazy to me that Aimee is old enough to have kids!


December 29th, was Joey and Emily Dunnebacke's wedding, as well as the declared Six Chicks reunion. It was such a blessing to be back with my best friends for the first time in 19 months! We went to to the wedding and then rented a hotel room for the night and picked up right where we left off. It seriously was as though no time had passed. Here are some pictures from the night:

The Chicks live on...


All of us with Joey and Emily.


A couple of days after the wedding/reunion, I packed up my bags to spend New Years (and a few days after that) with MY Joe. We celebrated his best friend, Ryan's, birthday and then went up to Truckee for a couple of days to hang out with the Thomsens and th rest of the interns from last summer. In Truckee, we built a snowman, went snow shoeing, and went sledding. I was able to cross 2 more things off of my 30 before 20 list! Wahoo!!! Here's some pictures of our time in Truckee.

Joey and I at Lake Tahoe


All of us with our snowman


All the girls snowshoeing


Crashing with Emmeline on the sled


Having fun with my snow shoes!


Joey and me in our favorite city

It truly was a great break, but it is good to be back to routine. Thank you, Lord, for family and friends, and here's to Spring Break in...(you'll have to stay tuned to find out my destination)...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

ooo, ooo, I know, I know....

p.s.
Cla you are a cute snowshoe-er. Mad ups, girl!

Jenderr said...

yay for 2 week breaks, travels and adventures. Fun pics. ooo I can't wait to hear where the next destination will be for Spring Break! :)