Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ridin' and Rockin' (cheezy title, I know)

Thirteen thousand riders.

One hundred and fifty miles.

All riding to find a cure.

There are no words to describe how cool last weekend was.

There was a 15-20 mph head wind almost the entire 150 miles. There were some nice hills. It was hard. But it was so much fun! I love riding my bike and I love Rachel and her family so it was just perfect. My mom added some nice cajun flare to the weekend. She came complete with some boudain and some butter rum cake--no one ever said she lacked hospitality skills!

Here are a few pictures of our weekend.

Rachie and Me getting at the starting line--before our butts were sore!!

Team Yags (almost all of us) at lunch on day 1 with Yags (Rachel's mom) and Renee (my mom).

Day 2 lunch. "The Cupid Shuffle" came on so I had to show everyone the dance!!

Rachie coming into the finish line at the Texas State Capital in Austin. If you can't tell by it's length--that's my arm in the back!


I quickly shifted gears (no pun intended) and had to get back some energy to enjoy a night out with the girls! On Monday night I joined some girl friends at a Bon Jovi concert at American Airlines Center. We bought the tickets months ago and were so excited about the concert. (Those of you who know me well, also know of my love for Bon Jovi. Needless to say, even though I was painfully tired, I was beside myself.) The concert was all that I hoped for-and more! It was truly amazing! I got goosebumps when the entire crowd sang "You give love a bad name" without Bon Jovi singing or playing at all. Truly amazing! Here's some pictures for your viewing pleasure...


Daughtry opened for them. Seriously--how in the world did Taylor Hicks win that year of American Idol?? I am still baffled.

Oh Oh...We're halfway there. OOOOOOH Livin' on a Prayer!!

It seriously looked like I was watching the making of a bad 80's music video. Hilarious!

Not even kidding. Amazing!

"Raise Your Hands!"

The spirit fingers were alive!

"These five words I swear to you...I'll be there for you!"

His moves are still living in 1984!

That vest with no shirt just about killed me!

So there you have it. A great few days indeed! Gillman family--I'm ready for next year! Anne--we must do this again!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baldy Daughtry sucks!

Anonymous said...

You are the coolest person in the world! And you look really good on that bike ;)

Anonymous said...

haha... someone said Daughtry sucks... they were right...

Hey Clabbor! I'm so happy you had such a rad weekend, and I'm super happy that you shared it with me. My favorite part was "if you couldn't tell from its length"... I could.

Jenderr said...

Claire Borne, wow what a weekend! You went to a Bon Jovi concert! No fair. That's awesome though! Well hey stop having so much fun eh! You're making me jealous, haha j/k.

Ben Broussard said...

Did your teaching of the Cupid Shuffle involve Noah's version???
Miss you!
Simonne

Sarah said...

so fun.

i love the shirtless vest look.
i also love you in spandex.
equally fashionable statements.

Brooke said...

you're hard core. and that's just one reason why i love you so.

Anonymous said...

CLAAAAAAAIRE...that's how your mom says it...why is she not in the picture doing the cupid shuffle with you? That is more than necessary, can we please fix that?

Claire Walker said...

Rachie--I know that was you. But I don't have that picture. I wish I did, though, b/c it would totally be in it!