Saturday, August 16, 2008

Another New Adventure

Aaah....tis the season once again. Not the Christmas season, but the season of change. But this time, it's a change that I have been waiting for. And hopefully a change that will not change for a while (at least 2 years).

I am a Boone, NC resident! Yes, that's right. No more Texas or Louisiana or California. I have ventured to the other side of our great country, and I couldn't be more excited.

But, with excitement also comes a bit of anxiety.

Upon my arrival I cried as per usual. I cried because it was all new. I cried because no one here really knows me. I cried because I just needed to cry. But this time something was different. I have Joey. He has been my rock over this past week. My move and this decision to be his wife has been confirmed over and over again when time after time he has chosen me over his friends. When he has made the decision (he says it's an easy one) to hang out with me when his friends are playing apple sauce in their backyard. (Basically, apple sauce is baseball with apples where you turn the apples into apple sauce!) So, even though this is hard at times, and it's another move without my chicks, it's okay...in fact it's very good!

Since we have been here, lots has happened. Probably the biggest news is that I found out that I am the JV Cheerleading coach at Hibriten High School where I am also teaching Science.

Yes, I said that right.

JV CHEERLEADING!!!!

I was just as surprised as you are.

So, there's that.

But, we have also been having a lot of fun! We went hiking the other day and the cycling yesterday. And, I'll tell you what, I thought I was a cyclist until I started cycling here. People who cycle here are real cyclists. The hills/mountains are killer! So, maybe I'll become a real cyclist after all. Here's some pictures of some of our first adventures in Boone. (Please, excuse the spandex.)






Sooo...who's ready to come visit??

much love,
cb

6 comments:

Lauren and Brice said...

Claire! I can't wait to see your new JV squad!! I miss you!!

stephanie said...

the cheerleading-thing is still making me laugh. you will be great though...just teach them your 'Songfest' moves (:

we miss you in The 'Ville.

oh, and i went with the ipod classic per your suggestion...thanks!

Jenderr said...

JV Cheerleading, wow, that's awesome Claire. I am ready to come visit!

Sarah said...

why are people not commenting on the spandex??

hello? hot mama!

Cliff and Missy said...

Claire! It's missy! I just saw a link to your blog and had to check it out. Crys told me you were engaged and I was soo excited!!! Yay!! I have just been catching up on your life. I wish it was college and you could just run over and say hi to us :) Email me sometime: cliffyandmissy@gmail.com. I would LOVE to hear from you. P.S. We have moved 11 times in a year and 9 months so I feel your pain girlfriend!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Why does that not surprise me???
All they have to do is watch you do the LSU fight song and they will know that you have "got it."