Saturday, August 30, 2008

Please Pray

Hurricane Gustav is on it's way straight toward Lafayette, LA--my home town. My entire family is in Lafayette, except for my brother, Kevin, who is in Baton Rouge. The eye of Gustav is currently expected to make landfall at Vermillion Bay, just south of Lafayette, and head directly for Lafayette. The eastern side of the system is always the strongest which means that Baton Rouge will get the worst of the storm. My family in New Iberia (right at Vermillion Bay) are under a mandatory evacuation, so once again my parents are welcoming the entire family into their house. Please pray for safety for my family as well as for everyone that will be affected by this powerful storm. My parents have been through countless hurricanes throughout their lives, but my dad told me today that he is really scared of this one--something he would not say loosely. I am trying to see the Lord's hand in all of this. It is a huge storm and the hugeness of God and smallness of man is so evident in weather systems. However, I know that He loves us and will always protect us. Gustav is expected to arrive late Monday night/early Tuesday morning, so your prayers are greatly appreciated.

much love,
cb

4 comments:

Danielle said...

you got it sis...prayin for you and your fam

melissaj said...

I am praying friend!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

We've been through so many Louisiana hurricanes!! Hope all is well! Someone just mentioned Thanksgiving being right around the corner and I immediately broke out sobbing....cause I get to see Brooke and you!!!!!!!!!!!! Sob. Sob. Sob.

Anonymous said...

Thank the Lord we are all fine and no problems after Gustav. Bev, if you start crying now, I will start crying now, then we won't have any tears left for the wedding and THAT would be tragic! All in all, this Thanksgiving could be the best EVER so far.

Love to you all and thanks for the prayers! Renee