Saturday, September 8, 2007

Room For Cream


Yes, it is true...I have given into the man. I am currently the newest barista at my local Starbucks Coffee. Sad, but oh so true. I have worked three shifts and like it okay. I know that it will take a while for me to fully get into the swing of things there, but its a great dispensible job (that gives me benefits like medical insurance as well as a free pound of coffee every single week!) that I can have for a while and even transfer within the company if I need to. I work with very interesting people, but they are very very fun. I know that God can use me in big ways--if only I would be fully willing to let Him.

I am learning how to be all here in Lewisville while still being diligent about praying for what God has next for me. It is something that sounds easy in theory, but in reality, it is very hard.

I am so trying to enjoy the place that God has me today, while still being able to grow and learn from the places that He has taken me, and being prayerful about the places that He will take me.

I have been reading a book called "to Be Told" by Dan Allender and it has helped me to put things into perspective about how God has used my past and is using my present to prepare me for my unknown future.

He makes a good point that it is hard to know where you are going if you do not know where you come from. Those moments in your past that have defined who you are and those moments that you wish never happened are all part of how you live your life today--whether you like it or not.

This is not to say that there is not power in the cross and redemption through the blood, but what has happened has happened--it is what it is--and we have to be willing to read our past to know how God has wired us for our today and our tomorrow.

"But Mary treasured all these things, pondering them in her heart." Luke 2:19

All of those little moments that Mary had with Jesus are moments that she pondered and later in Luke it even says that she "treasured" them in her heart.

We are to remember all of the places that the Lord has brought us to and through. We are to thank Him for bringing us through them and revealing Himself to us because of them.

Thank Him for the mountain-tops.

Praise Him for the valleys.

Be grateful for His voice.

And love Him despite the silence.

In this past week I have pleaded with the Lord to help me to remember my story--or rather His story in my life. A lot of junk has come up, but a lot of healing has resulted. Before I can move forward I think that it is important to look back and see all that God has done--while still living for what I have today.

At times I feel so empty and drained, but I know that with Jesus there is always room for more.

I am excited about where He is going to take me, but I am even more excited about what He is doing TODAY. I have faith that what He is doing TODAY is molding me for what He will grow me to become TOMORROW.

Ultimately, though, I pray that He will teach me how to live for where He has me today, in Lewisville, TX and that as I live for the here and now, He will show me tomorrow.

13 comments:

Hendrick Family said...

I love you Cwaire...and I'm so proud of you!

Heather

Erin said...

Hey Claire. I was talking with Ashley Baldridge tonight at hope group. You and I are very similar places it seems. I am currently searching for a job in high school or college girls ministry and the Lord is not opening those doors. Instead, He is telling me to wait. I have been seeking out where that waiting should happen since I can get a "job" anywhere. So, while i pray through that, I am sleeping on couches in college station. It is....exciting? Haha.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in waiting on the Lord. I will be praying for you and would love to know specifics of what to be praying for. If you ever feel like tlaking with someone in the same season-ish, please call me, I would love to hear from you. 281.467.2538.

And while you wait I encourage you to seek the peace of the place the Lord has you. (Just like it says in Jeremiah)

Sarah said...

I commented on this the other day, but apparently it didn't stick. So, faithful friend that I am, I will attempt again.

Remember B,
He has the BEST plan for us. Better than we could plan ourselves.
Waiting on Him is so good. How many times in the Bible does it say, "Wait on the Lord!" ? I'm not entirely sure, but it's ALOT.
And lastly, brokeness is a sweet place. Don't Punk Out.

For real for real?

For real for real!

~B

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Your story is beautiful!
Your beauty is beautiful!
Read To Be Told and went to Dan's story workshop in Seattle. Quite amazing. Great stuff.

Looking for the Lewisville Starbucks...

Jessica said...

i get what goes on with you!
~Jess

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

hey i have an idea...

do you go to The Village???

i was there the last time Matt Chandler preached before he left for China...

i come to The Village any chance i get cause i absolutely love the music and worship...sermons are pretty good too!!!

what if i come --- that's if you go to church there---why do i think you go there??? and i will take you out to eat before or after the service especially if it is a saturday pm service---either one...

you are always invited to my humble home...but let's see if we can connect at the Village...also, I come to Dallas every week of the year and can swing by Lewisville any time on my weekly jaunt to the Galleria area for counseling not for shopping :)

would just absolutely love to see you and take you to dinner!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

i have the hardest time opening your blog clicking on your comments to post so I left a post on my own...wonder why...hey, I can't do it this saturday the 22nd---it's our anniversary AND we are heading up a huge volunteer project---i'm in charge of our high school volunteering to help put on a race benefitting children with cancer...so let's do it the next Sat. the 29th --- I'll come to the 5pm service and we'll go out to eat after that...make sure you post me or poke me next Friday to make sure we are on same page...how did China turn out?? do you know anyone who went??

D.O. said...

Happy birthday Claire! I opted out of the facebook wall-post and committed to a blog comment. That's more personal, for sure. Happy B.

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

oh my goodness...this is my 4th post on the same thingy...i have just broken some blog protocol thing for sure...but I HAVE TO SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!...looking forward to taking you out to eat next week or so...hey, Bob & I will be at Denton Bible Church at 11am service tomorrow morning if any of you guys or parents of you guys are there...

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

are we on for this coming saturday?

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

uh oh, 6th post...you better write another post or i cannot comment again...got the word you can't make saturday service so will meet you October 9th @ 5pm at The Village...let me know if that works for you...I can't come Sunday cause we missed last week to go to Denton Bible and also have been out of town...I really want to go to my church this Sunday...can't wait to see you, hopefully in a week...

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20TH @THE VILLAGE...7th post...that's it...hey, our pastor reminded us this a.m. that his daughter is getting married this Saturday at 6pm...uh oh...i can't come for another week...how sad for me...what about 5pm @The Village on October 16th...this is getting complicated...there is no Saturday the 16th...it is Saturday Oct 6th when I have a wedding then I am out of town at Beth Moore on Oct 13th then Oct 20th i can come...i just started working 3 part-time jobs and I am swamped otherwise i would set up another time---have to get used to my new jobs PLUS i haven't worked full time EVER...see you on the 20th--will you be there?

Anonymous said...

Claire, I lost a couple months with your blog but found a link to it again on your facebook. Anyway, I REALLY enjoy reading your entries! Amazing words Claire, you communicate well with written words, I can sense the work God is doing in you through your words and I can definitely relate to a lot of it, and a lot of it has challenged me to remember things and give God praise for them! Anyway, thanks for writing. Love ya

Jenderr